Review about Dallas Police Department Traffic Division from Arlington, Texas

My mom was in a car accident around 7:40 pm on 8/25/15.My sister got there and was still on the cell phone.

I could hear the guys cursing at my mom and my sister threatening them. I called the police in Arlington who transferred me to Dallas because the accident was in Dallas. I explained to them what I was hearing on the phone and asked them to send the police to the scene before something happened. I called while I was still in Arlington at home, drove to Dallas (which takes 40 minutes) and was told the police had just arrived as I was exiting the freeway.

The men had stuff in the car, yet the police didn't search their car until they had gotten all their "stuff" out and had left the scene. We asked for their drivers license and insurance information and was told "that information will be in the police report which you can get in 10 days." We don't know their name or anything except for a license plate number because my sister and I took a picture of it. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with the way Dallas Police handled this. The driver apparently didn't have his insurance card according to what my sister overheard.

Yet no ticket was written.

The policy need to change regarding the way accidents are handled in Dallas.It was QUITE obvious that he was speeding when he hit her considering the car spun around and he hit her a second time.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Dallas Police Department Traffic Division
Review category
Government and Politics
review #689414

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dallas Police Department? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 28, 2015 #1026164

Sounds like they were carrying a load of the cops ***.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.